Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Regent Inn, Betong, Sarawak

Touched down to Betong town to collect my data for my final year project

Van Sapu costs a person from Kuching to Betong for RM30. Sarawak Transport bus fare costs RM25.

This is where I lived. The Regent Inn. The room are always fully booked. I reserved the room 2 days before my trip and luckily still left one and only queen bed room available. RM 40 per night. 



Couldn't watch NTV 7 in the room.

Sufficiently clean with the price of RM 40 per night. But I spotted Xiao Qiang and a few insects in the room during my stay for few nights. The cleanliness should be further improved. Wifi is available with password but it is extremely weak in highest floor where I stayed. Sometimes I went to receptionist to surf net.


Just opposite the Regent Inn, Betong Plaza Hotel is located at the other end. Obviously it looks more classy, expensive, clean and comfortable. I could not find the hotel contact no. online anywhere so I don't know the room rate.



Another hotel nearby which is just above the Everrise is the Loxing Hotel.

There are also Medan Hotel (RM88 per night for twin sharing room) and Tapah Inn in Betong. Both are pretty far from the main town area especially Medan.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, i'm Maria from The Regent Inn (Receptionist) well, thank you for your positive comment on our rooms cleanliness and our wireless internet services also..my Manager is noted and he would like to appologize on that part...we'll try our best to improve our rooms cleanliness as weel as our wifi service also..the modem and router is located downstair,so may be the reception can't reach to third floor...thank you and wish to see you again in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maria,

    Ok, thanks for reading my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TQ for your review. Your picture really clear all my question. The Regent Inn is not bad for RM40. Quiet comfortable & clean.

    Thank u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this information. will be in Betong in August but i need to know the location of S.K. Nanga Ajau. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

得不到的东西, 我们会一直认为他是美好的, 那是因为你对他了解太少, 没有时间与他相处在一起. 当有一天,你深入了解后,你会发现原不是你想象中的美好.